Distracted Driving is any activity that diverts attention from driving.
Why It Matters:
Practicing engaged driving shows that you care about your own safety as well as the safety of your family, friends, and community. Give driving your full attention.
3,142 people killed
in 2021 in the U.S. because of distracted driving
SOURCE for distracted driving statistic from the N.H.T.S.A.
What can you do?
- Put your cell phone away, out of sight and out of reach.
- Program your phone to send auto-responses that tell your friends and family you are driving and not able to answer the phone.
- Stay focused on your driving and what’s ahead of you.
- Be aware of other motorists around you.
- Pre-program your GPS, or plan your route before leaving.
- Choose your podcast or playlist ahead of time.
- Eat your snacks before leaving the house, or take a break during a long journey to have a meal.
October 26, 2022